Monday, February 14, 2011

INTERVIEW: I, The Breather

Hometown: Baltimore/Hagerstown, MD
Label: Sumerian Records
Management: Chris Josleyn 
(Sonic Muse/Sumerian Entertainment)



(Interview questions answered by Morgan Wright)


How did I, The Breather get started?
 I The Breather was started by myself and our lead guitarist Justin Huffman, it started out as us two jamming and we realized we were coming up with come ideas musically; so we decided to start writing and developing songs. Eventually we found members and shortly after it evolved to where it is today.

 Can you describe I, The Breather's sound? 
The sound is very heavy and melodic at times. I think our music is very up-front lyrically and musically; it definitely has a tone that will make you want to move or sing along with us at a show.

Are their any bands/musicians that have inspired your music? 
We take inspiration from anything we’re listening to at the time of writing… We all have our own bands that inspire us though and allow for us to bring something different to the table during the writing process. We all agree that Periphery, Meshuggah, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, For Today, collective play an inspiring roll in our music.

Do you have a favorite song to play at shows? 
My Favorite song to play at shows is High Rise.

What has been your favorite band to tour with so far, and why? 
Tough question I love every band we tour with; if I had to chose one it would be between The Great Commission & Thick As Blood. I love those guys and both of their bands.

If you could go on tour with any band, who would it be, and why? 
I would love to tour with A Day To Remember; I love their music and they’re an enormous band. It would be awesome to play sold out shows Every night for 2 months.
What is the craziest thing that has happened at one of your shows?
We played a show in California with A Plea for Purging and Andy the lead singer some how managed to make the tour package included all band crewmembers stage dive during their set! It was the most fun I’ve ever had at a show. He has a way with words.
What has been your favorite venue so far? And what is your dream venue?
I love playing The White Rabbit in San Antonio Texas! So much fun with kids, good vibes all around, and the sound is great! My dream venue to play would be any House of Blues! Actually House of Blues in downtown Disney (Orlando) to be exact.

If you could give a message to all your fans, what would it be?
My message would be, never stop believing and never stop praying. Prayer is the strongest weapon to have. Anything you want to accomplish, give it to the Lord and pray, your prayers will be answered!

 And lastly, if you could thank anybody for your success
who would it be, and why?  
I would thank my bands members, my parents, August Burns Red, Oh Sleeper, Both bands did so much for us as a band with helping us when we first started out. Our wonderful family at Sumerian records, and the Lord for answering all of my prayers about this band.
I, The Breather is:
Shawn Spann - Vocals
Jered Youngbar - Guitar
Justin Huffman - Guitar
Armand Vincent - Bass
Morgan Wright - Drums

No comments:

Post a Comment